January 24, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Yesterday the girls and I were driving in the car. The conversation went something like this:

"Mommy, do you like my hair bow?"

"Yes I do. Caroline, you look very beautiful."

"No, Mom. I need a princess dress to be beautiful."

"Of course you don't. You always look beautiful to me. And you are beautiful on the inside too, because you have a good heart." (Oh, I was layin' it on thick. And because I sensed this might be a teachable moment, I continued.) "And you know what? God can see what's in our hearts. He knows what we're thinking and how we're feeling all the time. And you can talk to God and tell Him what you're thinking anytime you want."

(long pause) "Well, right now I'm thinking about my Minnie Mouse underwear.

Alrighty then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argh, we work on this all the time in our house. It's kind of hard to get across the "beauty on the inside is more important than on the outside." I am pretty sure my daughter hears "blah, blah, blah, blah."

Anywho, I tagged you for a meme. Come play!