Today we were all very busy trying to come down from our weekend high. It was a great one. Saturday was Jason's birthday, and we tried to cram in as much merriment as we could.
On Friday morning I dropped the girls off with my parents so they could go Live. It. Up. for a couple days. Then I ran approximately 832 errands and made 421 returns to various stores. On Friday night Jason and I went to dinner with my brother and Kacy at Old Chicago where they introduced us to the wonder that is the Thai Pie pizza. It's one of my new favorite foods. Seriously, I find my mind wandering to its delicious goodness at various times throughout the day.
After dinner we saw a movie (The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger's performance is chilling). Saturday morning we got on-line and bought some Cubs tickets then headed to Chicago. After the game (where they lost in the 12th inning - I'm still not ready to talk about it) we stopped at Ikea and got some cabinets for the basement, had some dinner and headed home. Yes, we went to Ikea on my husband's birthday because we are old. and married. and homeowners.
On Sunday we met my parents for brunch and headed home with the girls to celebrate Jason's birthday some more. A few days before his birthday I asked Caroline what kind of cake she thought her Daddy might like for his birthday. She thought a Cubs cake would be his favorite, so when Charlotte went down for her nap Caroline got her Cubs shirt on and went to town in the kitchen.
Then we sang and the girls helped Jason blow out his candles.
Then they helped him unwrap his gifts.
One of those gifts? A package of new razor blades for his drywall knife because HELLO I am the best wife ever. Its the gift that says, "I love you, happy birthday, now get back down to the basement and hang me some drywall!"
3 comments:
Now that is the best cake ever. I'm sure your Cubs-lovin' hubby was in heaven. :)
Did he take the hint? Did he get himself to the basement and hang you some drywall?
oh. my. heavens.
there is so much i want to comment on.
like your daughter's hair? "please, Lord, let goo's hair be that COLOR and be that CURLY. amen."
and her perfect outfit? baseball t-shirt paired with a lovely denim mini. beacon of fashion, that daughter of yours is.
oh, and "Yes, we went to Ikea on my husband's birthday because we are old. and married. and homeowners" has made me smile the entire evening. and for the record, i love being old, married homeowners, don't you?
happy birthday, jason.
Glad to hear that you had a good weekend. I'm jealous that you got to see the Cubs and Ikea all in one day! You know you're always welcome to our weekly Thai Pie sessions :)
Post a Comment