A couple weeks ago Jason walked into the kitchen to find me eating jalapeno slices straight out of the jar. I was doing it for two reasons. One, my nose was stuffed up, and I figured the jalapenos would make it run (which they did). Two, they just sounded good. I never really had major cravings when I was pregnant with Caroline or Charlotte, but now I'm wondering if there might be something to them. There's no other explanation of why eating fire from a jar would seem like a good idea.
So, for those of you who've had babies, what did you crave?
March 17, 2009
Cravings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Gas station sausage dogs. the only thing the whole time and really it was only every once in awhile but they were good for lunch! (note: I probably only had 8 in the whole 9 months but its the food I remember from being pregnant!)
I craved strawberries (I ate a pound a day!, watermelon, and baked potato pizza from a local pizza buffet. I had it at least 2 times a week.
The only thing that was completely out of the question to me was turkey and dressing and I still have a hard time stomaching that even 2 1/2 years later.
oh, mashed potatoes were everything to me when i was pregnant. my wonderful mother in law would make them for me, 5 pounds at a time. hers were the best. but, when i couldn't have hers, there was a kfc just down the road. i had mashed potatoes almost everyday. funny thing, drew doesn't really care for them. probably got sick of them in there
I'm not sure it was a craving... but I did seem to eat a lot of things with peanut butter in them - especially peanut butter crackers and twix. I'm way too much of a wuss and picky eater to crave anything like jalepenos! =)
Chocolate Frosties from Wendy's!
Chili Cheese Fries from A&W...mmmmm
Carrie
Snicker blizzards...oh wait...I still have that craving, except that it's Butterfingers now and not Snicker!
Cantaloupe.
I hate it normally and ate it and fresh cherries by the pound when pregnant with #1.
With #2 I just craved being able to keep food down.
salt and vinegar chips.
i am salivating just thinking about them.
and to this day? i cannot stop basic grilled chicken. not on a sandwich. not on a salad. nothing. bleh.
Ok, so now I want:
a) salt and vinegar chips
b) a Butterfinger blizzard
c) a Chocolate Frosty
With #1, salad! Olive Garden Salad was the died and gone to heaven satisfier! Now, Cole LOVES salad. With #2, blackberry ice cream from Carls and fresh strawberries or cantaloupe (though any friut would do). Funny, Tanner does not like either one of those things, and he is NOT a picky eater!!
Post a Comment