So, Caroline loves Kindergarten. Shocking, I know. On her first day, she got at least six calls from friends and family asking how it went. I overheard her give this description to one of them, "School was really great. Everyone was kind to me and I made some new friends. It was all just really great!"
That pretty much sums it up.
On Wednesday, Jason went to work late so he could make her breakfast (pancakes and eggs) and we could all go together to drop her off. Jason and I handled that first morning pretty well (no tears from me, thank you), but Charlotte cried when we left the school without her sister. Then she was sort of depressed and sad all day. It was kind of pathetic and adorable all at the same time. Now she loves going to meet the bus to welcome her sister home, and on Thursday she insisted on carrying a piece of "buggle gum" to give Caroline as soon as she stepped off the bus. I'm thankful that Charlotte will soon have the baby to distract her.
On the baby front.......well, there is no baby yet. My due date was last Friday, and my Doctor offered to induce me, but I decided to give it a few more days. They did a sonogram and everything looks fine, so now we just wait. The baby's head is measuring at 39 weeks (thank goodness), but he or she is plenty chubby. We got a great picture of the cutest fat cheeks and double-chin you've ever seen!
And now a Weekend Update........I'm not sure what this baby is waiting on. I mean, take a look at all the adventures awaiting him or her. Fun, a sweet napping spot on Daddy's chest and face-numbing hugs from big sisters. I mean, who wouldn't want in on all that?
As you can see, we've had a great weekend, hopefully our last as a family of four. On Friday, we had an impromptu dinner out with friends. Saturday, we just hung out and had a weiner roast complete with S'mores. Today we went to the zoo and botanical gardens, and tonight we have big plans involving a walk followed by popcorn and a movie. So, I'd better get going. My people are waiting on me! Hope you're all having a great weekend!
August 23, 2009
An Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm so glad that caroline is enjoying K so well.
i predict that your next post will be introducing baby! can't wait to "meet" him or her!
I'm checking on you and that little bundle of yours! None for us yet, although I have another ultrasound today and since baby was surprisingly turned breech last week (and also because we're expecting a really big bundle!), I think I'm going to end up with a c-section. Never done that one before and am frankly a little nervous. Good luck to you, and can't wait to see your good news posted!
Post a Comment