I came across this picture tonight that I just had to share. It's from mid-August when we took a picnic supper down to the river and let the girls play. I got a bunch of great pictures of them playing, but this one is my favorite.
The spot we chose is a popular stop for the many canoers who float this river. Evidence of their visits were plenty, but we hadn't been near the water for two minutes when Charlotte spotted an abandoned (and rather disgusting) flip flop. We told her in no uncertain terms that she was not to touch it, but the girl is just obsessed with shoes. Especially when they aren't hers. Here she is weighing the risks.
To me, it's a picture of the plight of every two and three year old. Which is worse: the trouble I'll be in if I touch it or the torture I'll feel if I don't?
September 21, 2009
Temptation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it! What a great picture of her!
Such a cute picture. I love that she's so into shoes - especially flip-flops :)
-Kacy
Wow.. I first thought the picture was of Caroline, not Charlotte. They're growing too quickly. I feel like just yesterday Charlotte was born!
Post a Comment