My house is a disaster. Like an if-you-rang-the-doorbell-I'd-hide-until-you-went-away kind of disaster. My plan is to regain control tomorrow, but I'm reposting this little poem I wrote last year to remind myself that if I didn't have all this clutter hanging about, I also wouldn't have the three sweet little people (and let's face it, the one big guy) who make it.
And they are worth the mess.
An Ode to The Clutter
I pick it up, I put it away
In a moment it's back out again
It seems in my battle with clutter
The clutter always wins
While I'm the kitchen cleaning up lunch
They are making a mess in their rooms
I really need to sweep the hall
But, where have they moved my broom?
There are hairbows in the kitchen
And spoons on the bathroom floor
I see a pair of pink undies lying under the couch
And now someone is at my door
I hear myself making the strangest remarks
Like "Haven't you learned how to flush?"
And "How did this Play-Doh get into your hair?"
I can feel my brain turning to mush
But next a small voice says "I sure love you Mom"
Then I get a big slobbery kiss
And I am reminded that if my house were neat
There are thousands of kisses I'd miss
November 9, 2009
Messes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
thanks for the reminder that there are more important things, i have been extremely frustrated lately at the clutter that is seems to be multiplying around here and how I can't seem to get ahead of the work
I've been frustrated too at the amount of clutter, baby toys, burp cloths, binkies, itty bitty socks, crumbs, and all manner of regular toys that are floating around my house lately. But then I look at the gap-toothed and gummy smiles and realize that all too soon, these things too will pass and my kids don't care if my house is clean or not!
LOVE it!
Thanks for the reminder!
Absolutely right. I find myself getting so frustrated over those things, too, and then have to remind myself of all the goodies that I get because of the mess-makers.
beautiful.
Post a Comment