It's official.
I've been sucked in to the Twilight vortex with all the other thirteen-year-olds of the world.
I resisted as long as I could, hopeful that I was just too grown-up for a teeny-bopper vampire book. But this week when I saw a ragged, paperback copy at the library I decided to give it a try. And then I neglected my husband and children until I had finished the whole thing. It's not the best writing I've ever read, but it is a compelling story, and I couldn't wait to see how it ended.
So, can some of you assure me I'm not alone? Did you read the books? What did you think? Are the next three worth reading?
While I wait for your feedback, I think I'll go tightroll my jeans while I revert to junior-highdom.
March 21, 2010
Bitten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
there are just as many 30-somethings that love twilight. i got sucked in and read all of them, including the one online version of one and have seen two movies so far and plans to go with 10 friends to see the third. and the funny thing, I don't really like Edward, but I got sucked in and couldn't stop reading.
i am 25 and loving the saga. finished all 4 books within 1 week! definitely worth reading especially the last book.
I have read the first 2 and got the third for x-mas. I haven't cracked it open yet but think it will be a really good summer read. I wasn't that impressed with the first movie but as I have said before, movies often leave me disappointed. I love that my 13 year old niece is really into the books and it makes me feel a tad bit younger. But, I don't think I'll be getting a team Edward shirt or anything. :)
I'm there with you. My daughter kept telling me I had to read it, and once I started I was sucked in. Now I'm waiting for a night to watch new Moon!
I love the Twilight series, but the second book is by far the hardest to get through. Just keep plugging through because books 3 and 4 are great! You won't be disappointed!
Amy, I just finished New Moon. There were parts that I did enjoy, but I also spent a lot of time wishing Bella would just get out of her funk already and stop describing the pain in her chest caused by Edward's leaving. I guess I'm not very tolerant of indulgent self pity. I'm a couple chapters into Book 3, and so far, so good.
Nicole, I started twilight when I was in Missouri in November..and where that took me some real concentration getting into it as I didn't really have time to just sit and read...once I was able to, I could not put it down...I found that it was the same with the others as well. Enjoy!! They are addicting for sure.
Patti
Post a Comment