On Wednesday at 11:31am Caroline became a first grader.
We've been counting down the days and talking about fun summer plans, and I thought Caroline was ready for the school year to be done. But after she had been home for an hour or so, she came to me crying big, real, crocodile tears. She told me how much she was going to miss her teacher and how sad she was that the school year was over.
Bless her heart. My darling little nerd.
Then she said, "I know I'll see her again next year. You know, like in the halls and stuff. But I'm just sad she's not my teacher anymore."
I suggested she write a note to her teacher and she thought that might make her feel better. It said:
Dear Mrs. G.,
I hope you have a fun summer.
I miss you.
You are a great teacher.
Love,
Caroline
So, here's hoping Caroline can suck it up and live through a summer of swimming pools, vacation, picnics, frog catching, bike riding, dance classes, VBS and visits to grandparents. Poor girl.....she sure has it rough.
May 27, 2010
First Grader
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We will do our best to keep her entertained and her mind on summer fun----but it will be difficult!!!
XOXO
PaPa and GoGo
That is so sweet!
Wendy is down-right depressed. :) She found a white tee in her drawer and asked me if she could write on it in permanent marker for the last day of school. She wrote 'Dear Mrs Gale, I will miss you and I love you, Love Wendy.' Mrs Gale wrote on it too. It will be a fun memory for sure. :)
Just goes to show what a great teacher our girls had this year!!!
Oh how we love that little 'nerd'!!! Have a fantastic family trip!
- Kacy & Justin
Post a Comment