Yesterday we had Henry's 9-month check-up (a couple weeks late). Nine months? I'm not sure how that happened since it was only about twenty minutes ago that I was a week past my due date and certain I would never not be pregnant again. In other ways, in seems like he's been with us always.
Anyway....Henry looks great. He weighs 21.6 pounds and has dropped to the 55th percentile for weight. At 29 inches he's up two inches in three months, putting him in the 75th percentile for height. He only gained about a pound and a half since his six month check-up, but the pediatrician and I concluded that it's probably due to all his activity since he is crawling constantly. Basically, he is his own personal trainer.
Henry will show us he's "SO BIG"......and he'll show you how to clap if you ask him.
Henry's hair is getting thicker and little curls are starting to appear. He has four teeth, which he likes to use on big people food. He's starting to turn up his nose at baby food in favor of anything we are eating.
Changing Henry's diaper or getting him dressed is like wrestling an alligator. As soon as we lay him on his back, he tries to roll over and crawl away. He's very strong and very quick. Sometimes I think that if someone saw me trying to wrangle him, they would think I was the inexperienced babysitter. They would never guess that I'm supposed be an expert diaper changer by now.
To Henry, nothing is better than being tickled, tossed or twirled. He's on the right track to be a thrill seeker.Another great love is his Daddy, who just happens to be an expert tickler, twirler and tosser.
It all works out very well since one of my great loves is watching my two boys together.
June 10, 2010
Stats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute post...you'll have to rerun that last part for father's day! Sweet!
Love these pictures! Henry is such a handsome little guy.
Post a Comment