Charlotte really likes tossing around words that are too big for her britches. Some of her favorites include "actually", "hilarious" and "appropriate". It's so fantastic, especially because she actually uses these hilarious words in their appropriate contexts. (See what I did there?)
In the last couple days, she's also been using the word "literally" a lot. Now this one, she doesn't quite get, and I'm not even sure where she heard it. (I try not to toss the word "literally" around much because it annoys me when it is used incorrectly. As in, "I literally died laughing." Or, "That literally broke my heart." Really? Because in either case, YOU'D BE DEAD!)
Of course, I let the grammar technicalities go with Charlotte because it's just so comical. I especially like to hear it when she's pretending to read a book. "Literally, on a sunny day, the boy went outside to play", her story might begin. It's just captivating.
Last night at bedtime, I commented that something in the book we were reading was ridiculous. And because I love to hear her say big words, I asked her to say it too.
"Ridiculous", she parroted back to me. And then she added, "But what I REALLY like to say is literally!"
That girl is amazing. Literally.
1 comment:
You always make me laugh....and so does Charlotte! Cute post!
Post a Comment