July 13, 2011

Drive-In

The five of us spent last week with GoGo, PaPa, Justin, Kacy and Cooper in Door County. The magic of Door County is a post all it's own, and I have pictures and memories to share. But right now I only have time for a couple quick pictures from the night Jason and I took the kids to see Cars 2 at the old-fashioned Skyway Drive-In.

We threw an air mattress, blankets and pillows in the bed of the truck and threw bedtime caution to the wind. We picked up a pizza on our way to the drive-in and had a little picnic before the movie started. Then we settled in for the show.


Here we are waiting for it to begin:

It's not the best family photo of our lives (although I think Henry eating goldfish out of a recycled sour cream container definitely classes it up), but I'm so glad the Dad at the neighboring minivan offered to snap it.

The girls loved every minute of the whole thing and even Henry was fascinated with the movie and happy to sit and watch.  The only problem was that he WOULD NOT STOP offering a very loud and running commentary on the movie. "Cars! Big Truck! Vrooom! Vrooom!" he kept shouting just in case the other moviegoers in earshot were confused about the film's content.

So Jason and I spent a good third of the movie taking Henry for walks until finally..........


.....he commentated himself to sleep.

3 comments:

Beth said...

We LOVE the drive in and it is one of the things I wish we had in this neck of the woods. Such great family bonding. We saw Toy Story 3 last summer at the drive in and the kids thought it was great and it was a double feature. Winner, winner!

Anonymous said...

What a fun week and what a great experience for your family! C,C, and H get to do some pretty cool stuff :)

Uncle J and Aunt K

Anonymous said...

The pictures say it all--and we do think that it is a GREAT family photo!!!! You and Jason think of the coolest funnest things to do!!!
All our love--
PaPa and GoGo