The other night the girls and I found ourselves with the house to ourselves so Charlotte asked if we could have some "girl bondin' time". We decided to have a spa night, and I gave the girls pedicures and manicures. They named me "Nicolina" when I told them I would be their spa girl. And I kid you not, Caroline even made me a laminated name-tag to wear while they received their treatments.
| Soakin' the feet. They got such a kick out of this. Charlotte must have told me, "This is awesome!" a dozen times. |
| Being silly! |
| On to the manicures......it irritated Caroline that she couldn't read her book very easily during this. |
1. Caroline can't even sit though a pedicure without a book. Before she even stuck her feet in the water, she ran off to get one. Her choice for the evening was A Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis. Now there's a spa read if I ever saw one.
2. If you ever give Charlotte a manicure and she insists that her sister go first, be aware that she is watching every single thing you do. And when it's her turn and you don't do the ENTIRE process in the EXACT same way and in the EXACT same order as you did it for her sister, she will call you on it. Say, for instance, that you forget to use the foot file on her heels or you push back her cuticles BEFORE you use the exfoliating scrub, she will let you know that your oversight has been noted. I'm telling you if I had been a paid nail technician I would not have received a tip from Ms. Charlotte.
3. My girls are fun to be with. Really fun. Even without the tip.
1 comment:
So fun! What a fun mom you are!
Post a Comment